I cannot write now...
I cannot write anymore
Words seem indifferent to me
They used to carry me far away
Up high in the sky
Where there was peace and solitude
Now they fail to recognize me...
I write what has been written and said
In different languages and foreign lands
But silence is love's only friend
I cursed words when I couldn't speak
Or blamed sometimes my language skills
Now they have turned away from me
And I too am tired finding meanings
A long life ahead lay
Cheerfully I have to walk
Like old times I have to play
I cannot sit and write now
With you my words have gone away...
Shivani Agarwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I cannot write now... by Shivani Agarwal )
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner