I Cannot Begin/ I Cannot Think
There is nothing in me
I am as empty as meaninglessness
Yet I am anxious
I have done nothing today
And I did nothing yesterday
I must do something
To give my life meaning
I am writing a poem
This is the answer
When it is done
I will feel better
I will feel I have done something
How many mediocre poems, I wonder,
Have I written just to make myself feel better?
Now that this is done
Perhaps I will wake up for the rest of the day
Write something which is better.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Cannot Begin/ I Cannot Think by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp
- dOnE - Paying kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- Laid as wreath, hasmukh amathalal
- The Coconut, Meena Somasundaram
- O Mother Palestine, Abdul Munim
- With cowardice, hasmukh amathalal
- swimming, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..