I Cannot Begin/ I Cannot Think
There is nothing in me
I am as empty as meaninglessness
Yet I am anxious
I have done nothing today
And I did nothing yesterday
I must do something
To give my life meaning
I am writing a poem
This is the answer
When it is done
I will feel better
I will feel I have done something
How many mediocre poems, I wonder,
Have I written just to make myself feel better?
Now that this is done
Perhaps I will wake up for the rest of the day
Write something which is better.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Cannot Begin/ I Cannot Think by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla