OVERLORD DON MANUEL IHCAKEYNO
I BE WETIN I BE!
THERE WAS NOT A WAR WHERE SOLDIERS DID NOT EXIST,
THERE WAS NOT A DEVIL, WHERE A GOD DID NOT EXIST,
THERE WAS NOT A FIRE THAT DID NOT BEGET SMOKE,
THERE WAS NOT A SKY WHERE A CLOUD EXISTED NOT,
THEN WHY SHOULD THERE BE I, WHEN I DID NOT EXIST?
I HAVE CEASED TO BE BEFORE BEING,
I HAVE CEASED TO EXIST BEFORE I EVEN EXISTED,
THEN, OF WHAT NEED IS THE PESTILENC?
IF THERE NEVER WAS ANY TO BE PESTERED,
FOR I AM NOT TO BE,
THEN LET ME CEASE TO BE,
THAT MY PEACE MAY BE,
THUS AND THEN, MAY I HAVE BEEN!
OVERLORD DON MANUEL IHCAKEYNO's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I BE WETIN I BE! by OVERLORD DON MANUEL IHCAKEYNO )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin
- When Your Heaven Called, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- साज मिटाना होगा - a spurrier that must b.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Peaceful living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace in the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Tree, Cee Bea
- The hat, michael hagwood
- खुश होते कहीं - could I have been happy?, yashovardhan kulkarni