I am Yusuf oh father
I am Yousuf, O father.
O father, my brothers do not love me nor want me among them.
They assault me and throw stones and words at me.
They want me to die so they can eulogize me.
They closed the door of your home and left me outside.
They expelled me from the field.
They poisoned my vineyards.
They destroyed my toys, O father.
When the gentle breeze passed by the played with my hair they became jealous
And flamed up with rage against me and flamed up in rage against you, What did I ever do to them O father?
Butterflies perched on my shoulders, Stalks of wheat swayed toward me, And birds rested in my palms.
What did I do O father? And why me?
You named me Yusuf, And they threw me into the well, And accused the wolf, The wolf is more merciful than my brothers.
O father! Did I ever wrong anyone when I said: 'I saw eleven stars, and the sun and moon, I saw them prostrating before me? '.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am Yusuf oh father by Mahmoud Darwish )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Simply Spoken School Of Life, Heather Burns
- Simply Spoken Obtaining, Heather Burns
- WILD FLOWERS IN THE PATOS ORCHARD, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Simply Spoken Foundation, Heather Burns
- yup, you know i love you, Mandolyn ...
- Time Machine, Tammy Ashton
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote
- Confused Sea Gods, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken