Marites C. Cayetano
I Am Your Child
Why do you have to give me this heart
to think of my brethren
and cry for their sufferings and pains
while you don‘t give me enough strength and power
to heal them
and to comfort them?
Why do you have to put me in the middle
of the people in comfort
and of the people in pain
leaving me not be able to join the laughters
not be able to cry the pains?
Why do you have to test my strength
while you know that I am weak?
Father....I am your child.
Marites C. Cayetano's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Your Child by Marites C. Cayetano )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker