I Am The Sun. I Am The Rain.
I am my own will-o'-the quantum mist.
My tempted fate abroad it's far flung door.
A cosmic echo within human schist.
A rippled raindrop crashing to it's shore.
Nothing but a flawed simple loving thing.
I seek no more than that which I deserve.
To use my own voice in the songs I sing.
To let loose my restraining dammed reserve.
Yet I ruin almost every chance.
Embroidered through my daily breaded strife.
I blindly stumble in a nervous dance.
Draped in my pity for this victim'd life.
Left to wring out rain from dark conjured clouds.
Else unwrap my true self from shriveled shrouds.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am The Sun. I Am The Rain. by Anthony Di'anno )
Did you read them?
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x5, Ronjoy Brahma
- Come Come, Tango Tango
- God Teaches Geology (M-F), Mr. Nobody
- I am Running Faster, Akhtar Jawad
- (समनि नायथाय) गुफुर उखुन्दैनि खुवाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alien Encounter, Robert Eckstein
- >>Bad Fruits, Abdul Wahab
- When You Need To Begin Again, Shalom Freedman
- >>Lips, Abdul Wahab
- Acknowledged Love, Sierra Staten
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)