I Am The Sun. I Am The Rain.
I am my own will-o'-the quantum mist.
My tempted fate abroad it's far flung door.
A cosmic echo within human schist.
A rippled raindrop crashing to it's shore.
Nothing but a flawed simple loving thing.
I seek no more than that which I deserve.
To use my own voice in the songs I sing.
To let loose my restraining dammed reserve.
Yet I ruin almost every chance.
Embroidered through my daily breaded strife.
I blindly stumble in a nervous dance.
Draped in my pity for this victim'd life.
Left to wring out rain from dark conjured clouds.
Else unwrap my true self from shriveled shrouds.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am The Sun. I Am The Rain. by Anthony Di'anno )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Seven Eleven, Nassy Fesharaki
- Synonyms For POET, Adriana Avila
- A Poem A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, Adriana Avila
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry
- Winter night, Tom Squires