The Silent Sword
I Am the Few
As I carry this burden,
I see myself alone,
In the dark,
A pillar of light atop my shoulders.
They feel helpless,
Unable to answer my questions,
Forced to watch me bear it
On my own.
I am the few.
As they carry this burden,
They see themselves alone,
In the dark,
A pillar of light atop their shoulders.
I feel helpless,
Unable to answer their questions,
Forced to watch them bear it
On their own.
I am the many.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am the Few by The Silent Sword )
- When Negligence falls in love!, Beloufa Chahra
- Over And Out Of Your Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Mosque, Wani Rahil
- A Vision, nadia abduljabbar
- Distance, Beloufa Chahra
- Child's Grace, Randy McClave
- The Many Worlds Of Multiverses, Is It Poetry
- Meaningful Treasures, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Control, Garrett Doff
- Thoughts, Garrett Doff
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Negro Mother, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)