I am Shamed. I am Drunk.
Like a shadow birthed
From dawn-light's approach.
I hide between the pink and red
Of pollution's grandeur.
And listen to the morning birds sing.
Ambiance to my lips stretching
Grand as Dali's face.
What is a muse?
When she hides sunlight
In blonde temptation.
To a pucker
Along the river
But what value does a miracle have
That happens ever year?
I still stutter language
Like a drunk's footsteps.
"What is sobriety? "
Such a gift to make a poet dumbfounded.
I had to be in-intoxicated
To put this sensation into verse.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am Shamed. I am Drunk. by A.j. Binash )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 November 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- ** अबोल मी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- जो देखू आज घर आँगन तो माँ की याद आती है., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- तुम्हारे इश्क में जीवन कहाँ, कैसे, गुज़ार.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- यहाँ हर सुख का साथी है यहाँ हर दुःख कंवा.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra