I am Shamed. I am Drunk.
Like a shadow birthed
From dawn-light's approach.
I hide between the pink and red
Of pollution's grandeur.
And listen to the morning birds sing.
Ambiance to my lips stretching
Grand as Dali's face.
What is a muse?
When she hides sunlight
In blonde temptation.
To a pucker
Along the river
But what value does a miracle have
That happens ever year?
I still stutter language
Like a drunk's footsteps.
"What is sobriety? "
Such a gift to make a poet dumbfounded.
I had to be in-intoxicated
To put this sensation into verse.
Topic(s): love and art
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am Shamed. I am Drunk. by A.j. Binash )
- Art of Expression!, Manjeshwari P MYSORE
- Dangernerosity, Sentamu Aziz
- Anthropomorphous Foxes Jig with Fuss (Al.., Harindhar Reddy
- LAST HOPE, Satish Verma
- Democritus stands in silence, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Err, Human Mirror with Terror (Symbolism), Harindhar Reddy
- Fluttering Beauties, arun tp
- To Luke, Saiom Shriver
- Our Next, Asaolu Abayomi
- America's Chief Executioner Can Be Voted.., Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)