I am Shamed. I am Drunk.
Like a shadow birthed
From dawn-light's approach.
I hide between the pink and red
Of pollution's grandeur.
And listen to the morning birds sing.
Ambiance to my lips stretching
Grand as Dali's face.
What is a muse?
When she hides sunlight
In blonde temptation.
To a pucker
Along the river
But what value does a miracle have
That happens ever year?
I still stutter language
Like a drunk's footsteps.
"What is sobriety? "
Such a gift to make a poet dumbfounded.
I had to be in-intoxicated
To put this sensation into verse.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and art
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am Shamed. I am Drunk. by A.j. Binash )
- - My Poems Introduction The Romantic Poe.., Ali Sabry
- Thomas Shadwell (an intro), Yohan Confectioner
- - My Last Letter To My Lovely Beauty Lad.., Ali Sabry
- - Yesterday I Was Walking Alone On The R.., Ali Sabry
- - To My Dear Expensive-, Ali Sabry
- 'My Dear', Ali Sabry
- - -My Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You With All My Heart O My Fair.., Ali Sabry
- - I Love You Blind-, Ali Sabry
- - -I Have Chosen You From Among The Beau.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)