I Am Safe With Mad Ones Like Me!
For the first time when light pierced in through skull
Showing many faces of life, but light even failed
not showing my face I screamed, ' where am I?
where is my body? who is screaming within me
not finding anything not finding anyone'
found my body finally between people laughed
thus I was called as a madman
I screamed 'Give me a face. Give me some space
give me some time so that I may be able to find myself.'
Nearer ones took me to doctors
and dearer ones took me to Godmen
They tried to show myself to me
but all failed, vacuum remained same
When I told them they were nothing like me
asked them to cure their own madness,
I became madman
mad one may not be safe with another
but believe me I safe with mad ones like me!
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Safe With Mad Ones Like Me! by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)