I Am My Own
I am my own.
Nobody has the right to own me.
They can not tell me what to
So why do they try?
It is my body.
It is me.
I am not theirs.
They can't control it.
They may not like it.
They may still try.
But I am my own.
'Til the day that I die.
And if you think otherwise.
Then you should be shamed.
Because I am my own.
And that's how it'll stay.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am My Own by Crystal Blanchette )
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher