I Am My Own
I am my own.
Nobody has the right to own me.
They can not tell me what to
So why do they try?
It is my body.
It is me.
I am not theirs.
They can't control it.
They may not like it.
They may still try.
But I am my own.
'Til the day that I die.
And if you think otherwise.
Then you should be shamed.
Because I am my own.
And that's how it'll stay.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am My Own by Crystal Blanchette )
- Bluegray, Saiom Shriver
- My Still Daughter, LoKis White
- By Another Icarus, Robert Rorabeck
- Lilies Of Lanka, Saiom Shriver
- Fiery Ferment, Saiom Shriver
- ZZ Cowkilling Cowboys Want To Murder Wil.., Saiom Shriver
- The ones we Love, Leroy Numa
- Unriven, Saiom Shriver
- Mid-City's Nursery Rhyme, James B. Earley
- Mum's Birthday, Raghda Ashraf Soliman
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)