I Am His Tormentor
He spent on my funeral more
Than he had spent on my treatment.
He shed on my body his tears
That he withheld when I was held.
He got mine with no gratitude.
In my death anniversary,
He feasted like of which I didn’t eat.
He remembers with reverence
To nullify the contempt shown.
I am in his thought, in the form of guilt.
It’ll be slit by his son’s action later.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am His Tormentor by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(October 2, 1879 – August 2, 1955)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)