I am a woman
I am a woman,
I am sensuous,
I am different from you physically and emotionally,
But I am no different from you otherwise.
I dare to raise my voice against criminality,
You know how to hold me back,
I am stubborn and wont give up,
You will get me killed,
What are you?
I wear something I like,
Your mind runs wild,
You put a dagger in me,
You throw acid on me,
You rape me,
You find different ways to harass, subjugate and kill me.
And fulfill your thirst.
I am not a weaker sex,
I am a mother, a daughter, a wife just like your mother,
She is a woman too.
How am I different from her?
You treat your mother that way?
I have borne enough of your atrocities,
I will not sit back and cry.
I am not ashamed to tell the world what you did to me.
You, a criminal, must be ashamed, must be killed ruthlessly,
I, address this, to that section of male society, who are not humans but demons.
My plea's to the authorities are a waste.
I will be told differently everytime,
The actual, is totally forgotten.
I am long dead even before the verdict is pronounced.
Its time, I take MY VENGEANCE against you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am a woman by April Pearl )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- All The Time The Talk About Fanaticism &.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Helpless, Robert Melliard