I am a woman
I am a woman,
I am sensuous,
I am different from you physically and emotionally,
But I am no different from you otherwise.
I dare to raise my voice against criminality,
You know how to hold me back,
I am stubborn and wont give up,
You will get me killed,
What are you?
I wear something I like,
Your mind runs wild,
You put a dagger in me,
You throw acid on me,
You rape me,
You find different ways to harass, subjugate and kill me.
And fulfill your thirst.
I am not a weaker sex,
I am a mother, a daughter, a wife just like your mother,
She is a woman too.
How am I different from her?
You treat your mother that way?
I have borne enough of your atrocities,
I will not sit back and cry.
I am not ashamed to tell the world what you did to me.
You, a criminal, must be ashamed, must be killed ruthlessly,
I, address this, to that section of male society, who are not humans but demons.
My plea's to the authorities are a waste.
I will be told differently everytime,
The actual, is totally forgotten.
I am long dead even before the verdict is pronounced.
Its time, I take MY VENGEANCE against you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am a woman by April Pearl )
- I'll Be Holding You, Josep Rodriguez
- No One Came, David Harris
- she, Surendra Negi
- Meant To Be, Mark Arvizu
- Trembling Thirst, Mantu Mahakul
- Final Truth, Mantu Mahakul
- The Sower And the Seed, George Egba
- Garden capers, Mark Heathcote
- Controlling the five senses leads one to.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Buried in my chest, Meena Mustafa
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)