I am a woman
I am a woman,
I am sensuous,
I am different from you physically and emotionally,
But I am no different from you otherwise.
I dare to raise my voice against criminality,
You know how to hold me back,
I am stubborn and wont give up,
You will get me killed,
What are you?
I wear something I like,
Your mind runs wild,
You put a dagger in me,
You throw acid on me,
You rape me,
You find different ways to harass, subjugate and kill me.
And fulfill your thirst.
I am not a weaker sex,
I am a mother, a daughter, a wife just like your mother,
She is a woman too.
How am I different from her?
You treat your mother that way?
I have borne enough of your atrocities,
I will not sit back and cry.
I am not ashamed to tell the world what you did to me.
You, a criminal, must be ashamed, must be killed ruthlessly,
I, address this, to that section of male society, who are not humans but demons.
My plea's to the authorities are a waste.
I will be told differently everytime,
The actual, is totally forgotten.
I am long dead even before the verdict is pronounced.
Its time, I take MY VENGEANCE against you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am a woman by April Pearl )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland
- Mona Lisa, The Enigmatic Masterpiece, Rajesh Thankappan
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman
- Adrenaline, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman