Alon Calinao Dy
I Am A Warrior
I am a warrior but sometimes I stumble and fall,
I have no riches and glory on earth, yet I swear
I'll be strong like my brother and sister
And I'll listen to their advice to avoid my downfall.
I thought friends are there for me when I need help,
But they all have left me when I am the one in need
I thought they're already part of the family's creed...
But it really hurts me the most 'cause I couldn't yelp.
Now I understand that I'm a fighting warrior
Though some of my friends have left me behind,
I'll never surrender, feel sorry for myself, and roar
Because life is much better if I'm forgiving and kind.
I'm a powerful warrior, for l face every challenge,
And I'll stop thinking of revenge
Though false humors are behind my back,
I'll never freak out because it's not the fact.
I've promised myself to be a warrior without a fierce,
I've learned to love God and people around me,
For a true warrior lives by a good example
And being loving is an act of God's grace.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Warrior by Alon Calinao Dy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- God Only Knows!, Mohit Sharma
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal
- It isn't to launder my clothes, Mark Heathcote
- Tell Me, Amanda Purczynski
- For My Countrymen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- boy, love on this, Mandolyn ...
- To Purge, Amanda Purczynski
- A Brief History of Abstract Art, Paul Hartal