Alon Calinao Dy
I Am A Warrior
I am a warrior but sometimes I stumble and fall,
I have no riches and glory on earth, yet I swear
I'll be strong like my brother and sister
And I'll listen to their advice to avoid my downfall.
I thought friends are there for me when I need help,
But they all have left me when I am the one in need
I thought they're already part of the family's creed...
But it really hurts me the most 'cause I couldn't yelp.
Now I understand that I'm a fighting warrior
Though some of my friends have left me behind,
I'll never surrender, feel sorry for myself, and roar
Because life is much better if I'm forgiving and kind.
I'm a powerful warrior, for l face every challenge,
And I'll stop thinking of revenge
Though false humors are behind my back,
I'll never freak out because it's not the fact.
I've promised myself to be a warrior without a fierce,
I've learned to love God and people around me,
For a true warrior lives by a good example
And being loving is an act of God's grace.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Warrior by Alon Calinao Dy )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hold On, Spiritwind Wood
- Underwoods: Epigram, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Passions of Love, Cathy Hodgson
- What Is an Epigram?, Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Before and Every After, Marianne Boruch
- Patron, Archan Mehta
- I Never Compose A Poem, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Binoo the Actor, sarojkanta dash
- It Is Not Mine, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Train Journey, Asit Kumar Sanyal