Alon Calinao Dy
I Am A Warrior
I am a warrior but sometimes I stumble and fall,
I have no riches and glory on earth, yet I swear
I'll be strong like my brother and sister
And I'll listen to their advice to avoid my downfall.
I thought friends are there for me when I need help,
But they all have left me when I am the one in need
I thought they're already part of the family's creed...
But it really hurts me the most 'cause I couldn't yelp.
Now I understand that I'm a fighting warrior
Though some of my friends have left me behind,
I'll never surrender, feel sorry for myself, and roar
Because life is much better if I'm forgiving and kind.
I'm a powerful warrior, for l face every challenge,
And I'll stop thinking of revenge
Though false humors are behind my back,
I'll never freak out because it's not the fact.
I've promised myself to be a warrior without a fierce,
I've learned to love God and people around me,
For a true warrior lives by a good example
And being loving is an act of God's grace.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Warrior by Alon Calinao Dy )
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Worry-Chaser, Edgar Albert Guest
- Henry Ford's Offhand Way, Edgar Albert Guest