I am the smoke
That drifts out from between your lips
After a nice, long drag
From a cigarette.
I am your breath
Unfurling into the crisp, icy night
As you whisper frail, beautiful promises
Into the ears of timid creatures.
I am the devious curl of your lips
And the glint in your dark eyes
Coaxing the innocent
Into your arms.
I am their tragic sobs
Seeping out of shattered hearts
As you leave them behind
To loath you and want you.
I am the breath-robbing ache
That fills up their chests
When they discover your lies
And know that it is too late to regain
What you have taken from them.
I am your racing heart
On the dark, slick highway
And the pulsating music
That enlivens your soul
As you race away from their mournful cries
And into the black.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am by Danielle Kieschnick )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady