May I be happy as I now am sad
in coming times- it only seems fair
those sad shall presently be glad.
Things then will never seem as bad
to those brave Joe's who dare
be happy as they now are sad.
Then I shall in carelessness be clad
as I am presently be-clad with care.
Those sad shall presently be glad.
I shall want nothing, nor be mad
at anyone or anything- so there!
I shall be happy as I now am sad.
Then I'll whisper to each listing lad
Fret not-for though you now despair
you, too, will presently be glad.
Happy, I'll remember what we had:
certain only in one whistful prayer:
May I be happy as I now am sad-
Those sad will presently be glad.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hymn** by Morgan Michaels )
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- last spring, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal