The blessedness of gospel times.
Isa. 52:2,7-10; Mt. 13:16,17.
How beauteous are their feet
Who stand on Zion's hill!
Who bring salvation on their tongues,
And words of peace reveal!
How charming is their voice!
How sweet the tidings are!
"Zion, behold thy Savior King;
He reigns and triumphs here."
How happy are our ears
That hear this joyful sound,
Which kings and prophets waited for,
And sought, but never found!
How blessed are our eyes
That see this heav'nly light
Prophets and kings desired it long,
But died without the sight.
The watchmen join their voice,
And tuneful notes employ;
Jerusalem breaks forth in songs,
And deserts learn the joy.
The Lord makes bare his arm
Through all the earth abroad;
Let every nation now behold
Their Savior and their God!
Isaac Watts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hymn 10 by Isaac Watts )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #09, Ronjoy Brahma
- Dinner with the ghost of Lorenzo Thomas, Patricia Spears Jones
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #08, Ronjoy Brahma
- Being a human, gajanan mishra
- Mosquitoes, Rahul Babu
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #07, Ronjoy Brahma
- The pretty back to school الرجوع الجميل .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- New Year, Patricia Spears Jones
- The Theme Is Flight, Patricia Spears Jones
- Son Cubano, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)