The blessedness of gospel times.
Isa. 52:2,7-10; Mt. 13:16,17.
How beauteous are their feet
Who stand on Zion's hill!
Who bring salvation on their tongues,
And words of peace reveal!
How charming is their voice!
How sweet the tidings are!
"Zion, behold thy Savior King;
He reigns and triumphs here."
How happy are our ears
That hear this joyful sound,
Which kings and prophets waited for,
And sought, but never found!
How blessed are our eyes
That see this heav'nly light
Prophets and kings desired it long,
But died without the sight.
The watchmen join their voice,
And tuneful notes employ;
Jerusalem breaks forth in songs,
And deserts learn the joy.
The Lord makes bare his arm
Through all the earth abroad;
Let every nation now behold
Their Savior and their God!
Isaac Watts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hymn 10 by Isaac Watts )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin
- A Spirit Forever Free, Spiritwind Wood
- Mamas Counsel, Adeosun Olamide