A new song to the Lamb that was slain.
Behold the glories of the Lamb
Amidst his Father's throne;
Prepare new honors for his name,
And songs before unknown.
Let elders worship at his feet,
The church adore around,
With vials full of odors sweet,
And harps of sweeter sound.
Those are the prayers of the saints,
And these the hymns they raise,
Jesus is kind to our Complaints,
He loves to hear our praise.
[Eternal Father, who shall look
Into thy secret will?
Who but the Son shall take that book,
And open every sea]?
He shall fulfil thy great decrees,
The Son deserves it well:
Lo! in his hand the sovereign keys
Of heav'n, and death, and hell!]
Now to the Lamb that once was slain
Be endless blessings paid;
Salvation, glory, joy, remain
For ever on thy head.
Thou hast redeemed our souls with blood,
Hast set the pris'ners free;
Hast made us kings and priests to God,
And we shall reign with thee.
The worlds of nature and of grace
Are put beneath thy power;
Then shorten these delaying days,
And bring the promised hour.
Isaac Watts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hymn 1 by Isaac Watts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- I am a poet at night, Mark Heathcote
- Forced To Live Within Their Means, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- That Bold Hold, V P Mahur
- I'ts Not a Sin to Love You Like This..., wanderer sailor
- Psalm 096, Forrest Hainline
- Slaves To Appearances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Changes Can Be Painful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Rain Affects Incident Light, mary douglas
- Maypole Dancing Dulcet As Spring, mary douglas
- Wish to Say Something, V P Mahur