Hush Little Child
Hush little child there's no need for tears
The bad things are gone now, no more fears
Those dark moments have left this tragic day
Please give us a smile that will forever stay.
Let us hear your laughter instead of your cries
Sometimes it's hard when someone dies
The sadness eats us and takes control
It destroys a bit of our own soul.
Why take this child so full of life
And bring them utter misery and strife?
What has a child done to deserve such pain?
What could anyone possibly gain?
Don't worry young child everything will be alright
The darkness is fading and here comes the light
Once again you'll be happy and you will soon play
And hopefully the horrors will slowly go away.
And you will be joined by others like you
They also shared fears and had some tears too
All together you'll share the happiness long lost
Even if it came with a tragic cost.
So hush little child the monster is gone
It has taken away all that is ever wrong
It will not harm a sweet angel like you
You are forever protected in the sky so blue.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hush Little Child by Genevieve Pilat )
- One's sadness or happiness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Auto rikshaw., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)