Hush Little Child
Hush little child there's no need for tears
The bad things are gone now, no more fears
Those dark moments have left this tragic day
Please give us a smile that will forever stay.
Let us hear your laughter instead of your cries
Sometimes it's hard when someone dies
The sadness eats us and takes control
It destroys a bit of our own soul.
Why take this child so full of life
And bring them utter misery and strife?
What has a child done to deserve such pain?
What could anyone possibly gain?
Don't worry young child everything will be alright
The darkness is fading and here comes the light
Once again you'll be happy and you will soon play
And hopefully the horrors will slowly go away.
And you will be joined by others like you
They also shared fears and had some tears too
All together you'll share the happiness long lost
Even if it came with a tragic cost.
So hush little child the monster is gone
It has taken away all that is ever wrong
It will not harm a sweet angel like you
You are forever protected in the sky so blue.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hush Little Child by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...
- Lee F. Majors, Richard Thripp
- All Dogs Go 2 Heaven, Richard Flappa