Hurried Deep Sighs Only Are Arising!
My husband leaving so briskly - to earn money,
In my heart which desires to go behind him,
Hurried deep sighs only are arising
from my chest unnecessarily!
The husband is going to earn money
by travelling across the sea;
And he can’t take his wife
who can’t bear all the hardships!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Hurried deep sighs only are arising! ' is a translation of a Tamil poem by Poet Kaliappan Esekkiyal, revealing the feeling of a lover while her male counterpart leaves to earn money!
விரைந்தார்பின் செல்ல விழைநெஞ்சில் வீணே
இரைந்தேங்கும் மூச்சே எழும்! .- - -(09) - காளியப்பன் எசேக்கியல்
Comments about this poem (Hurried Deep Sighs Only Are Arising! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABETUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Madness' (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- Artists (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- Rain, Neela Nath
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady