You miss the words and numbers.
The gameplan gets ascention. The
podium was high.
And so was your head.
Swallowed by the winds
unable to reach the end of journey.
Were you not thinking?
Was it a treason to withdraw –
from the frills? In love scare
there were other things to do,
in the storm,
like collecting the thorns.
You step outside the dark and
feel the limbs of light,
altering the script to become
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HUMBLED by Satish Verma )
- Eunuch, arshad arshad
- Messengers Of The Heart, Tom Zart
- Letting Go, Phil Soar
- bury this six feet under your eyelids, Mandolyn ...
- Alighting From Despair, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life Is Awakened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Island Grassland, George Egba
- BEWILDERED, Joseph Ndawula
- Desert Flowers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ****~CONSANGUINITY~****, Amit Ray
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete, Tupac Shakur
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)