samaneh nazerian (SN)
On a cold winter evening,
There was a dove with no wing,
Looking at sky,
Asking Him why?
It was cloudy,
And across the windows,
She saw a flock of crows,
They were humankind,
With nothing in mind,
In the fading light,
They were in delight!
Oppressing on a dare,
They were taking no care,
With time passing,
The kids' laughing,
The poor's crying,
The Lord's yelling,
And His warning,
The sun's shining,
Where it's rising,
And is setting,
No care with the moon,
Singing out of tune!
They were working,
And were playing,
And were crying!
They were doing,
All every thing,
Save for thinking,
On their being!
No one caring for the poor, the old,
All what's seen was the gold and cold!
All were there so wise,
But getting shut-eye,
And closing their eyes,
To the how and why!
No one seeking,
The peaks and the ups,
And not looking,
For the mountaintops!
Finding the world of humanity,
In dark, free of any charity,
And like jelly!
She asked the Lord with courtesy,
For His Blessing, Help and Mercy!
She called on Him,
To forgive them,
Give them a chance,
To ruin their fence,
To save their face,
Well, in any case!
samaneh nazerian (SN)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Human Jungle by samaneh nazerian (SN) )
- Paper Wing, Liendang Hmar
- Like a Candle In The Wind, Liendang Hmar
- Story Line, A.R Evangelista
- Make a living but fail not to live, Bashyam Narayanan
- The Price I Pay, James George
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
- May our friendship last forever;, Cheryl .J Barclay
- SPICES OF LIFE, Philo Yan
- Flower & Sickle, Arno Le Roux
- There must be people around., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)