My mind is weak, my body is strong
These two together do not belong.
I try to follow the path that I know is right
But I know I am losing this fight.
I find myself falling down because lust and greed are all around
How do I strengthen myself when I am weak?
That is when- GOD I seek.
I say a little silent prayer, because I know that he will hear.
It matters not where I may be
I know that he listens to me.
He is our strength, our salvation, and I’ll give him my dedication.
I am but a mere man with all human frailties
And that is something that he does see.
He knows that we cannot be like him, for he is GODS son
But his words can be done.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Human Frailties by louis rams )
- Marbella Marbella, James coupland
- Now Or Never, Marites C. Cayetano
- dance, Cee Bea
- Happy Halloween, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- I Saw You, But Could Not Say I Love You .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Honour Killing, Whose Honour, Where's Ho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Seminar Activity, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Story of a thousand Hopes, clawdea benat
- gLoW hideing OfF iN2 thE sUnsEt, sEaN nOrTh
- Absence, Ibrahim Nasrallah
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Character, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)