My mind is weak, my body is strong
These two together do not belong.
I try to follow the path that I know is right
But I know I am losing this fight.
I find myself falling down because lust and greed are all around
How do I strengthen myself when I am weak?
That is when- GOD I seek.
I say a little silent prayer, because I know that he will hear.
It matters not where I may be
I know that he listens to me.
He is our strength, our salvation, and I’ll give him my dedication.
I am but a mere man with all human frailties
And that is something that he does see.
He knows that we cannot be like him, for he is GODS son
But his words can be done.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Human Frailties by louis rams )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Forgotten Things, Archan Mehta