My mind is weak, my body is strong
These two together do not belong.
I try to follow the path that I know is right
But I know I am losing this fight.
I find myself falling down because lust and greed are all around
How do I strengthen myself when I am weak?
That is when- GOD I seek.
I say a little silent prayer, because I know that he will hear.
It matters not where I may be
I know that he listens to me.
He is our strength, our salvation, and I’ll give him my dedication.
I am but a mere man with all human frailties
And that is something that he does see.
He knows that we cannot be like him, for he is GODS son
But his words can be done.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Human Frailties by louis rams )
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)