As the darkness approaches the candle goes out,
it was from fire or a hope that created light?
Why could not I achieve that feeling? I cried
Why I must make others happy?
Is it my doom to be unable to?
Is it my punishment to create and not feel?
Is it eternal hope for a dying heart?
Kind strength for crestfallen heart?
Ah... I forgot a feeling that for other I create,
Ah... I forgot the meaning and purpose of my despair,
I want to be human. As human one can be
Sergio Jaime's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Human by Sergio Jaime )
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery