There are moments in life where I just close my eyes..really hard,
Stop the tears from streaming down cuz I'm sick of being torn apart,
Im not a robot you know?
I have feelings, I have a heart.
Every time I try to smile..
I just can't,
Every time I try to gain my strength,
I just can't stand,
I'm always falling my on knees and my face burried into my hands,
I'm not a robot you know?
I'm human, I have feelings, I have a heart.
I'm sick of being pushed down by a hammer like a nail,
I'm sick of you making comments over the tinniest things like my nose or my hair,
You know what? It ain't fair.
I don't even care, anymore,
So whatever you have in store..
Keep it in your pie hole.
I'm in the process of building a house, a shelter that'll keep me happy and safe,
Every time I put a brick on top of another..
You come and break everything and make a mess in my place,
Try to ruin my work again, I'll stuff your eyes with cement,
Oh sweet sweet revenge.
I'm not afraid anymore..
Im not a little bird anymore..
I'm a lion, I roar,
You push me down, I get back up,
Remember I'm not a robot,
I'm human, I have feelings, I have a heart,
But not only that, I have soldiers by my side,
Prepare to die.
Keep in mind, I'm human and so are you,
Whatever you can do, I also can,
Remember, I ain't no freak.
Aisha Alansari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I'm sick of being pushed down by a hammer like nail: I'm sick of you bringing me down.
Building a house, a shelter: my confidence (cuz confidence keeps you more safe and happy like home)
Bricks: little pieces of confidence (like when you gain confidence it goes step by step like bricks, one by one)
Soldiers: my friends and family (or just the people close to me)
I'm a lion, I roar: I'm strong /brave (something like that) I can speak up
Comments about this poem (Human by Aisha Alansari )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Church Street Bomb blast, Gert Strydom
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Darling Dare, katusiime jeresi
- That And This, Indira Renganathan
- Florette's Woods, Nika McGuin
- Merger, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Naat-Zaufishan Nabi Hayn, Akhtar Jawad
- Extension, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Of the old church, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Who will sit when bound to lose?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Jewelry of the heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- My throat sings not more, Emmanuel George Cefai