How Shall I Remember You
How shall I remember you
as heavenward I gaze
through clouds of wispy ether
and shimm’ring misty haze.
How shall I recall your smile
through time’s fast moving pace -
remember then forever
your face, your gentle face.
What memories shall stir me
that we should never part –
what thoughts forever cherish
and hold within in my heart.
And shall the things that bound us
together through the years
remain to bring me solace
and ease away my fears.
Are they fixed within my heart
in this gold band I wear -
are they dancing in the wind
yes, shall I find them there.
I pray that they will never
be lost within the shade –
that they will shine forever
not fade, not ever fade.
How shall I remember you -
within the stars that gleam?
as an image in my mind -
a dream, just as a dream …..?
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Shall I Remember You by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey