How precious are thy thoughts of peace
How precious are thy thoughts of peace,
O God! to me; how great their sum!
New every morn, they never cease;
They were, they are, and yet shall come,
In number and in compass more
Than ocean's sand, or ocean's shore.
How from thy presence should I go
Or whither from thy spirit flee,
Since all above, around, below,
Exists in thine immensity?
I feel thine all-controlling will,
And thy right hand upholds me still.
Search me, O God! and know my heart;
Try me; my secret soul survey;
And warn thy servant to depart
From every false and evil way:
So shall thy truth my guidance be
To life and immortality.
James Montgomery's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How precious are thy thoughts of peace by James Montgomery )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver