How Much Life Does Anyone Have Left?
HOW MUCH LIFE DOES ANYONE HAVE LEFT?
How much life does anyone have left?
Can we know?
Life is difficult Life is strange
Life is Impossible Life is unpredictable
Life is shadows and depths
Life is what we do not understand
Life is what we love so much-
Can we know ordinarily how much we have left?
Does it matter?
We live no matter what
For as long as we live
And then we don’t live-
I do not know how much time I have left
I assume it is going to go on
I do not know
I do not understand-
How much Life do we have left?
How much Life do I have left?
Let me go out into the morning light,
And, please God, forget about all this.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Much Life Does Anyone Have Left? by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- 30 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- love nature, khaled Elbalishy
- Keep feet, hasmukh amathalal
- What Will It Take?, Kathryn Tyler King
- 12 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- The component of value, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 6 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October Clouds, Michelle Claus
- 24 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 21 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)