Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
How Much Life Does Anyone Have Left?
HOW MUCH LIFE DOES ANYONE HAVE LEFT?
How much life does anyone have left?
Can we know?
Life is difficult Life is strange
Life is Impossible Life is unpredictable
Life is shadows and depths
Life is what we do not understand
Life is what we love so much-
Can we know ordinarily how much we have left?
Does it matter?
We live no matter what
For as long as we live
And then we don’t live-
I do not know how much time I have left
I assume it is going to go on
I do not know
I do not understand-
How much Life do we have left?
How much Life do I have left?
Let me go out into the morning light,
And, please God, forget about all this.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.