How Much Is Enough?
Is insufficiency a reality?
To tunnel our mentality,
To seek the better commodity,
A ring with blue sapphire continuity,
Sold in London for one pound and fifty,
Pence: satisfied is the curiosity,
We feel insufficient and are down with syndrome,
Knocking, seeking and chasing for¬ fandom,
Is insufficiency a catalyst?
To strive further to be fulfilled,
Or left with scars of wounded efforts,
Insufficiency has been the reality,
In poor part of the world,
But it is created in the rich households,
Thank the entrepreneurial spirit,
For making us all to stand on our toes,
Our minds are clouded with insufficient masks,
our ancestors lived beside the springs,
but we are left with a water tank,
that has to be refilled not to be empty,
we will be insufficient all our life.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Much Is Enough? by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- 74, Naveed Khalid
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan