Ibrahim Lawal Soro
How Many Trees I Passed!
countless, they are suggesting and questioning;
'where are you heading' by then i replied with a noiseless voice affirming; 'To the federal capital territory with my bandaged smile to my meal flowing like this air from this fan on my humble head. '
countless, with their noxios stick pointing us we passers by
with their ignorant cane that know not mercy and
ignores leniency like me on innovators.
countless, with their flocks on the street powering the engine
beating the clutch with heavy toes of shoes
their minds seems of foes
but of skilled writers on the road.
countless, on a bike i arrived to a house
praying oh Allah help me on any trees that seems to be a block on my way to a precious life,
on my way to school i had heard some hearts saying a blackish words.
Ibrahim Lawal Soro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Many Trees I Passed! by Ibrahim Lawal Soro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker