How long will it be before the storms sets in?
How long will we be able to stand against the raging storm?
When the wind blows fear is breaking down my barriers
and in the silence between us lies so much pain.
How long will the walls be sufficient?
Please hear me when my heart do call out your name,
before stormy waters wash us to the sea and love is lost forever.
The lightning can already be seen in the distance
and in my heart I cry against the howling wind.
How long before a heart breaks forever
and words spoken in haste cannot be undone and forgiven?
The writing is on the wall
and somewhere a clock is ticking off the hours,
the storm is coming in full rage
how will we be able to stop the destruction?
The doors of the heart will be forced open,
tears will fall like rain,
eyes will be cold as snow in the winter season,
we will be emotionally barren torn apart
how lonely will life then be
when it is too late to turn time back,
when the storm is at the gate?
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Long by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard