How It Ends
9: 06 pm
What's going on?
i can sense there is something wrong.
Do i really want to know what it is?
or should I just withdraw myself from it.
9: 17 pm
Your tone of voice says it all.
9: 26 pm
I'm trying to understand it all at once..
It's too much to take in.
You are trying so hard to force yourself to feel that spark you once felt for me.
Don't continue to force it, because it's gone.
I am reluctant to the fact of letting go.
This is what I feared about the most.
It hurts me to know you longer feel that special spark in you.
And I am the only one standing carrying that spark.
Where did I go wrong?
You hope maybe we will have a chance in the future without having anyone telling you, you cant be with me.
But, it's just another way of saying goodbye.
Our flame has been blown away by these grievous and cruel circumstances of life.
11: 30 pm
Inclined to silence, there is nothing left to say.
It's time to say bye.
12: 15 am
Can't seem to understand why.
I am numb to the fact that just minutes ago you let our love go... when second chance was given.
3: 30 am
I yell with all my strength and let the tears come down...
To wake up and realize it's not a dream, what a torment.
I'm agonizing in pain and misery.
4: 30 am
I reminisce to our memories, can't help but cry.
5: 00 am
Time to get ready for school and carry this deep pain that's consuming me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (How It Ends by Barbara Hernandez )
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
- आथिखाल, Ronjoy Brahma
- Life is Nothing but Texture~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- How Is Your Life In The Matrix?, Mr. Nobody Nothing
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)