How It Ends
9: 06 pm
What's going on?
i can sense there is something wrong.
Do i really want to know what it is?
or should I just withdraw myself from it.
9: 17 pm
Your tone of voice says it all.
9: 26 pm
I'm trying to understand it all at once..
It's too much to take in.
You are trying so hard to force yourself to feel that spark you once felt for me.
Don't continue to force it, because it's gone.
I am reluctant to the fact of letting go.
This is what I feared about the most.
It hurts me to know you longer feel that special spark in you.
And I am the only one standing carrying that spark.
Where did I go wrong?
You hope maybe we will have a chance in the future without having anyone telling you, you cant be with me.
But, it's just another way of saying goodbye.
Our flame has been blown away by these grievous and cruel circumstances of life.
11: 30 pm
Inclined to silence, there is nothing left to say.
It's time to say bye.
12: 15 am
Can't seem to understand why.
I am numb to the fact that just minutes ago you let our love go... when second chance was given.
3: 30 am
I yell with all my strength and let the tears come down...
To wake up and realize it's not a dream, what a torment.
I'm agonizing in pain and misery.
4: 30 am
I reminisce to our memories, can't help but cry.
5: 00 am
Time to get ready for school and carry this deep pain that's consuming me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (How It Ends by Barbara Hernandez )
- Reading Rilke's Sonnets to Children, Peter Jay Shippy
- Sonnet on the Author's Birthday, Robert Burns
- Promises, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lost, Ahmed Tawfik
- Egghead, Peter Jay Shippy
- The Jackalope Man Makes Juice, Bruce Larkin
- Amok, Peter Jay Shippy
- Mayday-Mayday, Nassy Fesharaki
- God! God! Why have you forsaken me! Tran.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Operator's Hostage, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)