How I Longed To See You
I have waited for so long,
Hoping that I would see your smile,
Hoping that I would feel your touch,
I have waited so long, busy hoping and wishing,
Dreaming and thinking of you.
Every time I would look outside the window,
Hoping that I would see you coming,
Hoping I would see you knocking,
I have waited and it has been a long time now.
In rainy days I would stand outside, cold as it is,
Hoping you would fall from the sky,
Hoping you would come running in the rain,
Hoping all those things with a broken heart.
When the sun was blazing, I would sit outside,
Listen to the birds sing,
Watch flowers bloom,
And thought I would see you coming,
And it all was nothing else but just a thought.
It seems as though I am left only with the memory of your face,
Still hoping to see you, touch you, hold you, feel you just like before,
This is how much I have waited for you,
How I have longed to see you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How I Longed To See You by khanyisile mtshali )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov