How I Longed To See You
I have waited for so long,
Hoping that I would see your smile,
Hoping that I would feel your touch,
I have waited so long, busy hoping and wishing,
Dreaming and thinking of you.
Every time I would look outside the window,
Hoping that I would see you coming,
Hoping I would see you knocking,
I have waited and it has been a long time now.
In rainy days I would stand outside, cold as it is,
Hoping you would fall from the sky,
Hoping you would come running in the rain,
Hoping all those things with a broken heart.
When the sun was blazing, I would sit outside,
Listen to the birds sing,
Watch flowers bloom,
And thought I would see you coming,
And it all was nothing else but just a thought.
It seems as though I am left only with the memory of your face,
Still hoping to see you, touch you, hold you, feel you just like before,
This is how much I have waited for you,
How I have longed to see you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How I Longed To See You by khanyisile mtshali )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Loving is What Christmas is All About, Dorsey Baker
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne