Hamza Al Saieedy
Oh, how dull poetry could be? !
Mere one more line and I’ll be free!
Depart your life and fly with me..
It’s save to sing with words that rime,
Straight to the point and less in time!
Yet; the cause in me had the prime!
Oh! where is the reason gone? where?
Corruption is what I call dare,
Acts as I want and acts as fair!
With the true moment I belong.
It moves my soul and plays my song!
Might let me down or makes me strong!
A sense of sadness owned my night!
Might Zoned by greed; yet I will fight!
To the dawn’s bright, To the sun’s light!
Ah! ? Shall I live to be understood?
Spare me the talk of bad and good,
Lived as the free, Lived as I should!
Here we live in the house of name,
Good to be called or bad with shame!
Alive as dead! it’s all the same!
Though it fells my heart with sorrow
The same sun will rise tomorrow!
Shining through the curtain’s hollow
But the days will move on and on..
Until days you'll be left alone!
Out of music and less in tone
Oh poetry! Should I blame you?
you made my life as fast as due,
Poetry is dull! to be true!
Poetry told me how to love!
Showed me that life is roads we shove!
Told me the mean of bat and dove!
Poetry is here when I fall,
Poetry is my heart and soul,
Poetry isn’t dull after all? !
I shan’t act as I wish or may!
In the difference of night and day,
“Dull” isn’t the right of me to say!
Hamza Al Saieedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (How Dull by Hamza Al Saieedy )
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)