>>>How are you?
I am a mother of four children
One out of four gives me lots of pain
At ease when I am at home
She comes at my door and asks
How is your work?
In the morning before I get up
She brings a dream
After disturbing my sound sleep
With a tired voice she asks
How are you doing?
When I should remain awake
And do my job sincerely
She crawls into my work and asks
How is your home?
With my soul I sit and relax
But before I enjoy my moment
Miles away she calls me up and asks
How is your life?
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (>>>How are you? by Abdul Wahab )
Did you read them?
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)