Hour of temptation
'Relief...' it says to me, enticingly,
and I shut my eyes and feel for my blindfold.
'Relief...' it keeps whispering into my ears
and time seems to stand still,
all heavens and all of hell, their eyes fixed on me,
and all of creation seems to hold its breath...
'Relief...' my flesh trembles,
my blood rushes up my brain...
it's not an evil thing
to have something to smile about a little.
oh, but it had caught me way too many times,
and I know the price I'll have to pay.
...I do not move.
and slowly it backs away
and I open my eyes and see it giving itself to another,
and I turn away,
because a desire to snatch it
and take it for myself overwhelms me.
and the deprivation begins to sting through my flesh,
and my flesh, in revolt, fires up,
throwing arrows of flames against my soul
until cold rivulets of tears
form torrents of wild water on my face,
and all I can do is cry out,
Father! ! ! Father...
Mashe Others's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hour of temptation by Mashe Others )
- Identity Theft Is A Problem, Mariyah Mckaufman
- My Burning Feet, Cindy Howard
- Hands of labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- 강남오피 >>(밤의전쟁) << BAMWAR3.COM, sarah wight1
- Another Day With You, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Waiting for winter., David Lessard
- That Was Then..., David Lewis Paget
- There Are So Many Things..., Dr John Celes
- For Alex in Winter, Neal Beightol
- Last Words, Josilinia Plyman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)