Four gallant horses
One was white, one was black,
one was red, one was brown.
One had four legs,
one had three,
one had two,
and the fourth had one leg.
The one-legged horse
said to the others :
the time for dance has come,
let's dance on a single hoof !
All of them liked the idea,
and the dance began.
The four-legged horse fainted outright,
the three-legged horse slipped and fell,
the two-legged horse limped to a fall :
only the one-legged one
danced on and on.
Ayyappa Paniker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Horse Play by Ayyappa Paniker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Moonlight Rain, Michael McParland
- Proposal, Ronald Chapman
- Monkey On My Back, Michael McParland
- The Poet's Right, Francie Lynch
- Act 1 scene 1 Romeo, Juliet and there me.., lee fones
- Look East (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Homage to the Korean Comfort Women (Regi.., Ronald Chapman
- cos the blues, ' TAKES ' - redline bluel.., sEaN nOrTh
- Emptiness, Ronald Chapman
- A Wonder to be Seen on the Han River (Re.., Ronald Chapman