Honor The King (xmas)
Christmas is nearing, school kids are cheering
As they are walking to and from school
They are thinking of just one rule.
Treat your parents very nice, otherwise you won’t
Get presents that night.
They laugh and talk of things to come
While their parents are on the run.
Searching for the gifts that are on their list
And the prices they see – are getting them pissed.
What happened to the days of old?
Wasn’t these toymakers ever told!
This was a time of gift sharing, and people caring
Now it’s a price war to see- how much these toys can bring?
The three kings came bearing gifts, and there was
No such thing as a Christmas list.
They had given gifts to honor a king
As the shepherd boy did his thing
He played his flute so soft and sweet
As him and JESUS eyes did meet.
The gifts from JESUS was known to man
As it spread throughout the land.
It was his love that he would bring
It wasn’t of material things.
Love is something that is not store bought
So this year let’s change our thoughts.
Give the children some material things
But show them how to honor our king.
Love is the greatest gift that we could give
And his words in us will live.
LOUIS RAMS 12/16/13
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Honor The King (xmas) by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Risque, Tiku akp
- Loss of Innocence, Bijay Kant Dubey
- HUMANKIND, john chizoba vincent
- Sorry, If I Have Hurt Your Feelings, Ext.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Deep Deep Peace, Margaret Moran
- Aflas Ke Basti..., pakeeza rizvi
- WHO REALLY CONTROLS THE WORLD?, john chizoba vincent
- Walking In Clouds, Juan Olivarez
- Of Ancestors From Long Ago, Spiritwind Wood
- If I Told You, Spiritwind Wood