Honor The King (xmas)
Christmas is nearing, school kids are cheering
As they are walking to and from school
They are thinking of just one rule.
Treat your parents very nice, otherwise you won’t
Get presents that night.
They laugh and talk of things to come
While their parents are on the run.
Searching for the gifts that are on their list
And the prices they see – are getting them pissed.
What happened to the days of old?
Wasn’t these toymakers ever told!
This was a time of gift sharing, and people caring
Now it’s a price war to see- how much these toys can bring?
The three kings came bearing gifts, and there was
No such thing as a Christmas list.
They had given gifts to honor a king
As the shepherd boy did his thing
He played his flute so soft and sweet
As him and JESUS eyes did meet.
The gifts from JESUS was known to man
As it spread throughout the land.
It was his love that he would bring
It wasn’t of material things.
Love is something that is not store bought
So this year let’s change our thoughts.
Give the children some material things
But show them how to honor our king.
Love is the greatest gift that we could give
And his words in us will live.
LOUIS RAMS 12/16/13
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Honor The King (xmas) by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Her Name, TheSilent Loudness
- Inside, Amal Ahmed
- To Be Loved, Tom Zart
- On Seeing You, I Found A Red Rose Standi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- By the babbling brook, Christopher Tye
- Missionaries And Their Conversions, I My.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Perverse Ignorance, Right?, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- slowly down the road, animesh sapkota
- Understanding The Bodo Culture, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Each Day With You KP, Michael P. McParland