As I look up at the honey yellow moon,
she looks back.
She smiles at me,
her face filling everything I see.
She's still smiling as she turns back to the earth below her,
towards any ever-weary traveler.
She knows she can't rule the sky,
but always will sigh when she is pushed out.
She always knows,
without a doubt,
that her brother,
I smile at the memory of seeing him run across the sky,
wanting Honey Moon to take over.
knowing he was rough hewn.
Honey Moon smiles at me again,
her smile as sad as coming rain.
Her time in the sky is almost over,
knowing she is as lucky as finding a three leaf clover.
The Sun wakes up,
pushing Honey Moon away.
With a sigh,
she waves goodbye,
and settles for awaiting the night.
I wave back to Honey Moon as she shrinks into hiding.
As day finally ends,
Honey Moon comes back,
knowing the time she has to spend.
The true queen of the sky,
she will always be known as my
Danya Qattea's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Honey Moon by Danya Qattea )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -32, Ronjoy Brahma
- Disagreeing With Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Outer Limits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Keep simply cool, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -31, Ronjoy Brahma
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith