As I look up at the honey yellow moon,
she looks back.
She smiles at me,
her face filling everything I see.
She's still smiling as she turns back to the earth below her,
towards any ever-weary traveler.
She knows she can't rule the sky,
but always will sigh when she is pushed out.
She always knows,
without a doubt,
that her brother,
I smile at the memory of seeing him run across the sky,
wanting Honey Moon to take over.
knowing he was rough hewn.
Honey Moon smiles at me again,
her smile as sad as coming rain.
Her time in the sky is almost over,
knowing she is as lucky as finding a three leaf clover.
The Sun wakes up,
pushing Honey Moon away.
With a sigh,
she waves goodbye,
and settles for awaiting the night.
I wave back to Honey Moon as she shrinks into hiding.
As day finally ends,
Honey Moon comes back,
knowing the time she has to spend.
The true queen of the sky,
she will always be known as my
Danya Qattea's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Honey Moon by Danya Qattea )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A couple, maryline vautravers
- Preston's Champ, Stephen Katona
- Tu & Io — [ You & I ], Fabrizio Frosini
- You & I, Fabrizio Frosini
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver