As I look up at the honey yellow moon,
she looks back.
She smiles at me,
her face filling everything I see.
She's still smiling as she turns back to the earth below her,
towards any ever-weary traveler.
She knows she can't rule the sky,
but always will sigh when she is pushed out.
She always knows,
without a doubt,
that her brother,
I smile at the memory of seeing him run across the sky,
wanting Honey Moon to take over.
knowing he was rough hewn.
Honey Moon smiles at me again,
her smile as sad as coming rain.
Her time in the sky is almost over,
knowing she is as lucky as finding a three leaf clover.
The Sun wakes up,
pushing Honey Moon away.
With a sigh,
she waves goodbye,
and settles for awaiting the night.
I wave back to Honey Moon as she shrinks into hiding.
As day finally ends,
Honey Moon comes back,
knowing the time she has to spend.
The true queen of the sky,
she will always be known as my
Danya Qattea's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Honey Moon by Danya Qattea )
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)