Motives at times so noble, at times so base.
Jealousy and Satisfaction have human face.
Tongue coated with sweet honey, yet so tart.
Cruelty and Kindness have got human heart.
Intelligence and morality, little brain they flood.
But satan circulates human mind like blood.
Weaker than satan, sinner if likened to angel.
But a free will and inside always a fierce duel.
A bunch of contradictions! a set of antonyms!
But still greatest of all creations, a Paradigm!
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Homo sapiens by Md. Asadullah )
Did you read them?
- Boundless Honor XLII, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Man Who Lived In Layers, Noah Body
- Again They Come XLIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Prologued (An Oration) XLIV, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Launch XLV, Sadiqullah Khan
- Hashtnagar (Eight Cities) XLVI, Sadiqullah Khan
- Drunk on You XLVII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Inevitable XLVIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- I respect, hasmukh amathalal
- Good deed, Suresh Dogra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
(c. 600 BCE)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)