Motives at times so noble, at times so base.
Jealousy and Satisfaction have human face.
Tongue coated with sweet honey, yet so tart.
Cruelty and Kindness have got human heart.
Intelligence and morality, little brain they flood.
But satan circulates human mind like blood.
Weaker than satan, sinner if likened to angel.
But a free will and inside always a fierce duel.
A bunch of contradictions! a set of antonyms!
But still greatest of all creations, a Paradigm!
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Homo sapiens by Md. Asadullah )
Did you read them?
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pharma, michael walkerjohn
- Finding Gold, douglas scotney
- My Thirst, michael walkerjohn
- Musty Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns