“There’s no place like home” Dorothy once said
A Hallmark statement it has become
While others will state “Home’s where the heart is”
Both statements agreed by some.
Yet take into thought of those that live
On street corners and dark alleyways
Whose houses were taken away from them
Their past had seen better days.
And then imagine, if you will, if those homeless
Had nobody from the start
All alone through tough times and because of no love
They no longer have their heart.
So for those who are homeless and have no heart
What statement should they agree?
Just be grateful that you have a home and a heart
And pray that you never become like me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Home by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Truth in Prose, Patrick van der Loos
- Mindless Muddle, alex sarich
- The Autistic Land (Sonnet), Maria Magdalena Biela
- Love is love....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ode, Morgan Michaels
- Milk, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A ROBBER'S UGLY ORDEALS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To meet each other, Tiku akp
- Maintain That Level Of Decorum, Ronell Warren Alman
- Hunter, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..