Of Muses And Other Ghosts
Their wings were on my back,
and they expected me to return
but I never did, back then I thought
that I, by myself had grown those wings.
So I kept on, pushing out of their hearts
leaving them not even my shadow,
but my memory, to make love to it
when they'll get bored of making love to each other
to stretch it over their heads, to make it sky,
to sip from it like from a cup, my poems
and through them, my heart.
That's why I never returned,
not that I didn't know, but,
I didn't felt like their blood, like their child.
They were monsters, and I was afraid
that I might become a monster too,
a skin covering not a heart, but
their sins, like it says in the bibles they
put on their chest when they go to sleep.
Their god was not my god, their god was not real.
Of Muses And Other Ghosts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hollow Wings by Of Muses And Other Ghosts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE
- Yamashita/Medina Standard, Richard Thripp
- drops of dew, binod bastola
- Hello, This Is Reez, Rimni chakravarty
- Wish You A Good Day, Rimni chakravarty
- Rockin' Socks and Paradox, Monk E. Biz
- Love dale, SALINI NAIR
- Ghost, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom