Holi-day and Holiday
With different colors friends played;
Hiding from them indoors I stayed.
They were all busy in colorful dance.
To hunt my thoughts I got a chance.
Thoughts could have run within a blink;
But I caught them with pen and ink.
They are within the confines of a cage.
Now they cannot run, they are on page.
Friends enjoyed the party and the fest;
And I did what I thought was best.
With colors they enjoyed their holi-day.
With pen and ink I enjoyed my holiday.
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Holi-day and Holiday by Md. Asadullah )
Did you read them?
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla