Holi-day and Holiday
With different colors friends played;
Hiding from them indoors I stayed.
They were all busy in colorful dance.
To hunt my thoughts I got a chance.
Thoughts could have run within a blink;
But I caught them with pen and ink.
They are within the confines of a cage.
Now they cannot run, they are on page.
Friends enjoyed the party and the fest;
And I did what I thought was best.
With colors they enjoyed their holi-day.
With pen and ink I enjoyed my holiday.
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Holi-day and Holiday by Md. Asadullah )
Did you read them?
- The wisdom of Parables, Melikhaya Zagagana
- A Friend Of Mine, Cynthia Pardede
- Democracies All Must Fail, Is It Poetry
- Conviction's Diatribe, michael walkerjohn
- Think right, hasmukh amathalal
- BYE! BYE! ! BYE! ! ! EBOLA! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- The Occident's Secession, michael walkerjohn
- One's Mind, michael walkerjohn
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley