Holding The Waves
Poverty of thoughts
beats you endlessly.
What was the other form of violence?
Body of water bursts.
There was an absentee lover
trying to overtop the levee.
Pounding of chest
Someone was dying of hunger.
It was a great paradox.
The eagle was rising
for a sudden dive.
Labyrinthine. An intricate
argument. From which-
side will come the death?
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Holding The Waves by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To See It To Experience It For Yourself, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Mother's Bond, Valentine Mbagu
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman