Holding The Waves
Poverty of thoughts
beats you endlessly.
What was the other form of violence?
Body of water bursts.
There was an absentee lover
trying to overtop the levee.
Pounding of chest
Someone was dying of hunger.
It was a great paradox.
The eagle was rising
for a sudden dive.
Labyrinthine. An intricate
argument. From which-
side will come the death?
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Holding The Waves by Satish Verma )
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry
- Journey Rythms, Tony Adah
- The Kiss, Aneeta Clement
- Quintuplets Mother, Tony Adah