RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Holding Our Breath
Stretched across a crochet circle, taut, all thought laid out
Nerves pulled in all directions, open and raw from so much
Not wanting Dad to suffer, yet not wanting to let go, we
continually ride a roller coaster that's out of control.
Wanting to dictate and make some sense, find only that we're
constantly holding our breath, wondering what will come next.
(12: 46 p.m. - 7/16/98)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Holding Our Breath by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen