RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Holding Our Breath
Stretched across a crochet circle, taut, all thought laid out
Nerves pulled in all directions, open and raw from so much
Not wanting Dad to suffer, yet not wanting to let go, we
continually ride a roller coaster that's out of control.
Wanting to dictate and make some sense, find only that we're
constantly holding our breath, wondering what will come next.
(12: 46 p.m. - 7/16/98)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Holding Our Breath by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan