From a desecrated heart described, stained
the door locked shut, alas, family tree~
family name known, alas.... nothing else.
They buried between the pages of time
long lost, so too the ones that gave shelter,
save the cost of all the years, of my tears.
Who lies there, cold like graveyard, dust to dust,
names, dates, symbols, signs, identity lost?
O, may I not stumble in search of truth.
Would that I could but hold to bleeding heart
a name, a picture, inscribed on a tree,
a leaf among leaves, one that begat me.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Holding On by Jackie Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer
- The Muse, Midnights Voice
- Double Standards, Terry Dawson
- Goodbye, Rockford, Michael Shutt