Hits & Misses
Each day we live is so full of these
Isn't this life: many hits and misses?
As toddler, we falter when we walk
As learner, we stutter when we talk
So who's truly a 'hit', who is a 'miss'
I searched around, for right answers
For the light bulb Edison tried 1000 times.
Said he, ''twas an invention with 1,000 steps! '
Such a prolific inventor that he was
To his name-n-fame over 1000 patents
That American 'Wizard of Menlo Park'
Was also founder of General Electric
He said 'genius is one percent inspiration
And ninety-nine percent perspiration! '
So one's successful with more the hits
Sadly one isn't with more the misses
You may succeed, try if you really will
And just spring up should you ever fall
That's a lesson I've learnt the hard way
Though long way to go from where I'm today.
Padmanabhan Ananth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hits & Misses by Padmanabhan Ananth )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena
- Honesty, Tony Adah
- Child Of The Rainforest, Denis Martindale
- Cooling Off Time..., Denis Martindale
- And fairy land xxii, binod bastola
- When I was A Little Boy, ronald stroman
- keeping down apperances, lee fones
- Onkar Nath Gupta As A Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey