Moment soon the soul whimper,
Hesitate to touch mighty feet;
Lose mettle idle crafty plod hover
And steep mind loyal rational heat:
Sure cling he each bums bend,
By stretching own hands smugly surround.
Neither sophism could impress him;
Nor pile of offerings delight,
Need not hold, pity merge gleam,
His traces are above all bright,
His hideous growl exposes hazard dis-quest
His blessings washes our shabby resist.
When some receive his blessings...
Look hundredfold ideas dense success;
Distrust not life shows dreary happenings
Seem sadden cry in screaming guess,
Haply disturb prudent at perplexity wink
What promotes occult utilitarian ward link.
Ravindra Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (His Blessings by Ravindra Kumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp
- From Eed - aRe yOU. rEaLy. still DrOniNg.., sEaN nOrTh
- A Matter Of Words, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh
- Elegy of a crafted death, Shruti Goswami
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash