Moment soon the soul whimper,
Hesitate to touch mighty feet;
Lose mettle idle crafty plod hover
And steep mind loyal rational heat:
Sure cling he each bums bend,
By stretching own hands smugly surround.
Neither sophism could impress him;
Nor pile of offerings delight,
Need not hold, pity merge gleam,
His traces are above all bright,
His hideous growl exposes hazard dis-quest
His blessings washes our shabby resist.
When some receive his blessings...
Look hundredfold ideas dense success;
Distrust not life shows dreary happenings
Seem sadden cry in screaming guess,
Haply disturb prudent at perplexity wink
What promotes occult utilitarian ward link.
Ravindra Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (His Blessings by Ravindra Kumar )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II