Abodes of snow
Truly the ranges
Where gods reside.
Sun keeps crawling
Across the peaks
Beckons the climbers.
Hillary and Norgay
Took no rest
Until they reached
There were others
Who scaled the peaks
And there were many
Who could never reach.
Just a few peaks.
Ganges and Indus
Mekong and Yangtze...
Perennial rivers start
And civilization flows.
Invite us all
To behold and rejoice.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Himalayas by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- Llama Looks Up, Warren Falcon
- Mad Cow Gelatin, Saiom Shriver
- My Wish One Day, But..., Luis Estable
- Now That I Love You, abigail sikwenda
- AMALFI COAST, Elia Michael
- My Lover`s Lips Are Honey, Luis Estable
- when i inhaled you..., Mandolyn ...
- The Dance Of Death, Luis Estable
- language is not so much anymore, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram