Abodes of snow
Truly the ranges
Where gods reside.
Sun keeps crawling
Across the peaks
Beckons the climbers.
Hillary and Norgay
Took no rest
Until they reached
There were others
Who scaled the peaks
And there were many
Who could never reach.
Just a few peaks.
Ganges and Indus
Mekong and Yangtze...
Perennial rivers start
And civilization flows.
Invite us all
To behold and rejoice.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Himalayas by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- Sky is red, Aftab Alam
- Musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TRUST, maharshi trivedi
- Alone in December, James Anthony Creamer
- Mind Albums, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Nerd's Way of Thinking, James Anthony Creamer
- Need, Akhtar Jawad
- A Poem for You, James Anthony Creamer
- My Nephews, James Anthony Creamer
- Alone in January, James Anthony Creamer
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)