O Anna Niemus
Highway Of Death
White flagged surrendering Iraqi soldiers, Kuwaiti refugees, dogs,
donkeys pulling carts had their waving petitions for mercy ignored
as Bush, Colin Powell, Barrie McCaffrey and Norman Schwarzkopf
carpet bombed them, bulldozing them alive into graves.
After George H W Bush sent April Glaspie to tell Saddam Hussein
that if he tried to regain Kuwait, once part of Iraq, the US regime
would not interfere, Hussein made the fatal error of believing
the former head of the CIA.
When Bush, the arranger of Iran Contra, the
man who had kept American POW's in jail for 6 additional months
as he negotiated with Iran to give them arms in return for their
holding hostages longer (an act of treason on private citizen at that time
Bush's part) began bombing Baghdad and other areas, the Highway
of Death occurred.
Even the conservative Rutherford Organization which has attempted
to criminalize the private sex lives of public officials... described
the Highway of Death.
O Anna Niemus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Highway Of Death by O Anna Niemus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- love became LOVE and now i live., Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena