O Anna Niemus
Highway Of Death
White flagged surrendering Iraqi soldiers, Kuwaiti refugees, dogs,
donkeys pulling carts had their waving petitions for mercy ignored
as Bush, Colin Powell, Barrie McCaffrey and Norman Schwarzkopf
carpet bombed them, bulldozing them alive into graves.
After George H W Bush sent April Glaspie to tell Saddam Hussein
that if he tried to regain Kuwait, once part of Iraq, the US regime
would not interfere, Hussein made the fatal error of believing
the former head of the CIA.
When Bush, the arranger of Iran Contra, the
man who had kept American POW's in jail for 6 additional months
as he negotiated with Iran to give them arms in return for their
holding hostages longer (an act of treason on private citizen at that time
Bush's part) began bombing Baghdad and other areas, the Highway
of Death occurred.
Even the conservative Rutherford Organization which has attempted
to criminalize the private sex lives of public officials... described
the Highway of Death.
O Anna Niemus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Highway Of Death by O Anna Niemus )
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns