High Above The World
Watching you go I say goodbye,
Until you're gone then I sink inside.
It all sinks in as my fear becomes real and I blame only me.
Then I do all i can,
To make you see it was me.
Just so I can feel hope,
That one day you may return to me.
Even if you were the one in the wrong,
I try to move forward,
But my heart has melted to the floor,
I remain even though I try to leave.
I'm growing strong again,
No more shall I stay,
Now the times has come that I leave.
Leave I shall with my head held high,
Do you see?
Casandra Vice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (High Above The World by Casandra Vice )
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)